This your website’s “About” page, where the visitor can expect to find out more about who you are and about your business. Sometimes businesses make the mistake of using this page as a place to share their history or story. While we think this is important if it adds value to your business, it should be either a brief introductory or a small part of the overall message. Your customers don’t necessarily care how your business started, what you used to do before this, what degrees you have (depending on the type of business), or what your hobbies are. They want to know what you can do for THEM and why your business gives them a better value than any other. Your About page’s goal should be to answer the following questions:
- How is your company better than the competition?
- Why should clients choose you?
- What is the biggest advantage that you offer?
- What are the unique qualities of your business?
- Why do you do what you do?
- How are you going to help me?